Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of the business we require an experienced 3rd Line Support Technician to join a well-established and busy team. The candidate will have a firm background working within a busy MSP or Technical IT Team, solid experience in troubleshooting customer issues and a clear and analytical approach to problem solving. The primary job function is providing technical support in a fast paced and varied Managed Service Desk environment.
We offer structured training and development program, and the 3rd Line Support Technician role offers great potential for development and the chance to join an experienced team with a broad technical knowledge base. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive organization which is entering an exciting phase in its long term development and growth.
Salary – Competitive Rate +Training + Benefits
Hours – Full time
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies
Nature & Scope
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, to be a high level of technical resource in the firm with a principal responsibility of ensuring solutions to escalated client issues are achieved within SLAs and providing a sustainable resolution.
To work within the helpdesk team within ConvergeTS and with effective resolution of escalated issues and positive high level of technical advice.
- Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure resolutions are achieved within SLAs.
- Ensure a good relationship between the client and ConvergeTS
- Take ownership of escalated issues within the helpdesk team.
- Track all incidents logged on ConvergeTS ITSM Tool – SySaid
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with clients
- Assist in maintaining client satisfaction within the helpdesk team.
- Ensure the achievement of targeted KPIs
- Ensure the capture of time recording for all activity
- Provide as required a high level of technical input to the helpdesk support team
- Ensure that the third party applications are installed and run effectively and efficiently across all customer platforms – On-premise and hosted
- Keep abreast of market / technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives
- Ensure that the Knowledge base is updated with any problem / solutions found.
- Ensure call lists and customer communication is maintained.
- To log support calls from customers, both internal & external, and ensure all relevant incident information is gathered from the customer.
- Respond to contact from customers via portal, email and telephone and maintaining a high level of customer service during all contact.
- Respond to customers within agreed service levels and ensure all support processes are followed
- To troubleshoot customer problems and diagnose where issues lie. To ensure quick escalation within the company if required.
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001 for 3rd Line Support Technical service provision
- Be an escalation point for Service Team and deliver responses within SLAs
- Provided Daily work updates for Project Deliverables and Datacentre work
- Log all working hours in ConvergeTS time management tool and/or diary management
- 5+ years supporting a multi-site network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, DR Systems.
- Experience with monitoring systems would be an advantage
- Ideally supported a hosted environment with experience of datacentres
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment or service delivery environment
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with third party service providers and vendors
- Able to demonstrate a very strong interest in technology
- Qualifications in 2 or more of the following Microsoft / Citrix / VMware / Network Technologies + experience
- Good and effective client interface skills. Able to command respect on arrival
- Excellent communications skills and a professional telephone manner are essential
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and contribution to knowledgebase
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from non line managed staff
- Confidence to deal with demanding customers and to positively influence them
- Needs the skills inherent to the job/qualifications
- Able to undertake technical analysis, assimilate to ConvergeTS alternative solutions and communicate solutions
- A logical and analytical mind, as the primary job function is troubleshooting, in a fast paced environment
- Able to be proactive identifying developing market place solutions for the benefit of the company
- Achieving performance against SLAs
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
Aspiration / Motivation
- Achievement of objectives and tasks
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for clients and own company
- Expectation of a long term in the role with increasing seniority and technical challenge
- Motivation from developing the technical infrastructure of the Company and maintaining and enhancing own IT Knowledge
- Ability to commit to the role and work until the job is complete. This can involve evenings, early mornings and weekend work
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties and other staff members
- Able to travel to Companies locations and potentially others sometimes at short notice and potential overnight stays
- Able to be part of 247 monitoring and alerting on call rota approx. 1 in every 7 weeks