Nature & Scope
The Business Support Executive will play a crucial role in continuing our company’s success, working in collaboration with sales, account management, operations and our technical teams.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role as Business Support Executive is to ensure the smooth running and support of the back office functions. This is a diverse role and includes providing support within sales order processing, contract execution, procurement, and operations, i.e. helping with project execution and supporting the development and the day-to-day running of the business.
The principle focus of the role is to ensure that all clients receive a high level of customer care. The role is an integral part of the smooth running of the Daresbury Office, involving the efficient management of processes and procedures. The Business Support Executive will offer administration assistance to the Office Manager and will also support the Project Manager.
You will be comfortable communicating with clients at all levels, both over the telephone, via email and face to face. You will need to be a self-motivated and highly skilled problem solver.
This role has huge scope for progression and the successful candidate will have a desire to progress quickly.
- To manage and own the sales order processing tasks on a daily basis from the cradle to the grave. Sales order processing, through to billing and ensure circulation to appropriate parties for action.
- Supply chain management for engineering order processing, project purchases, other third party services and solutions to support the order management
- Overall responsibility order acknowledgment to the customer for engineering client correspondence with client/team lead times, on boarding which may include helping with project support execution.
- To liaise with external contacts, suppliers, and providers to ensure all business needs are met as part of the sales order process
- Generate welcome letter, and order packs to both new and existing clients outline the details of their order and highlighting key points of their order/contract
- Providing solutions through quality communication, leading to a fast and efficient customer experience are maintained
- To ensure all orders are managed and processed effectively.
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Sales Teams to ensure all orders are processed promptly
- Meeting and greeting customers
- To assist with the setup and clear down of internal client meeting rooms
- Overseeing incoming and outgoing post and arrange the courier deliveries
- Reception duties, screen and provide information in response to telephone calls and responding independently
- Co-ordinate with the Office Manager with the schedule client visits and including welcoming of visitors
- To manage and schedule engineering to support the order process and project execution
- To follow customer satisfaction up on completed scheduling even after it is over
- Manage the shared calendar, engineering schedules, and visitor meetings.
- Provide reports to support the Licensing Management
- Collating information and producing accurate reports
- Support Project Managers with project execution through process, by communicating the status and any additional requirements needed to complete on boarding and project deliverables
- Ad Hoc tasks including, but not limited to support the Office Manager to provide holiday cover support
- To support the Office manager with facilities management
- Follows up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate
- Keep files and archives accurate records and ISO standards
- Update internal systems to track order management and spreadsheets on a day to day basis
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001
- Previous experience working in B2B role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of sales order processing, contract management, knowledge, and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Proven experience of integrating activities into business processes in an outsourced environment is desirable.
- A proactive, customer service driven self-starter.
- Excellent and effective communication skills to build relationships and influence at a senior level
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The experience of fostering strong working relationships with other office admin staff and across the organization.
- Ability to thrive in an environment targeted towards customer retention and satisfaction
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the technical organization including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information
- Previous experience within a project management office desired but not essential
Management and Skills
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Attention to detail and high-level accuracy
- Very effective organization skills
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Experience with management of subcontract and contract management
Communication Skill and Leadership
- Show an impressive attitude and not only take full responsibility for their duties but are enthusiastic to take on new challenges which will develop and progression growth within the business
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience
- Well organized and capable of meeting deadlines
- Workforce planning and development. Leadership to motivate a staff and volunteer
workforce within a rapidly changing environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Leading teams from different departments to achieve organizational goals
- Presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management
- Understanding of modern management information systems, keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while having an understanding of emerging operational technologies.
- Intellectual with a strong commercial acumen
- The intellectual ability to solve problems and think outside the box
- Systematic approach to work maintaining personal resilience in the face of conflict, pressure, and change
- Able to identify risk, assess impact and develop strategies to mitigate risk and identify the impact of potential problems
- Achieving performance against SLAs.
- Ability to Priorities
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Ability to translate vision into practices and policy
- You will be highly driven, determined and enthusiastic with a desire to learn, develop and progress
- Achievement of objectives and tasks
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for the company
- Ability to commit to the role and work until the job is complete. This may involve evenings, early mornings as the role develops within ConvergeTS
- Ability to handle stress and pressure
- High levels of personal drive, ambition and excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A can do attitude with a passion for delivering results.
- Ability to work in an unstructured fast moving environment.
- Strong networking capabilities
Please apply below.