Nature & Scope
Reporting to the Technical Director, to be a high level of technical resource in the business with a principal responsibility ensuring the infrastructures and services provided are resilient and delivered to a high standard to time and within budget through the consulting and project management team. This covers all aspects of pre-sales audits, technical implementations, data centre effectiveness and paid consultancy.
To work within the Professional services team within ConvergeTS and with effective delivery of projects and positive high level of technical advice. This role also demands strong documentation skills, the ability to follow proven internal processes, and to work unsupervised and mange allocated workload and priorities
- Achieve performance with the delivery of client activity to budget and timeframes.
- Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure a good relationship between the client and ConvergeTS
- Take ownership and deliver projects from pre-sales to effective hand over to support
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and maintained to a high standard
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with clients
- Assist in maintaining client satisfaction with project delivery
- Ensure the achievement of targeted billable hours
- Ensure the capture of time recording for all activity – billable and non-billable.
- Provide as required a high level of technical input to projects and the helpdesk support team Ensure that the third-party applications are installed and run effectively and efficiently across all customer platforms – On-premise and hosted
- Keep abreast of market/technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives
- Be an escalation point for all technical teams and deliver responses within SLAs
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001 for Professional Service
- Billing targets – projects and consultancy
- 5+years are supporting multi-site network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, and DR Systems.
- Ideally supported a hosted environment with experience of data centers
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment
- Microsoft Terminal Services/ Remote Desktop Services
- Citrix XenApp / Netscaler / Xen Desktop
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 and 2016
- Exposure to Spam filtering technologies
- Powershell would be advantageous but not essential
- Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008+R2, 2012+R2 2016
- Hypervisor technology VMware ESXi 5/6 or Hyper-V
- ITIL Accredited or working within ITIL Frameworks
- Hardware & Storage Implementation
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012
- Microsoft RDS
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- Citrix CCA-V virtualization
- Qualifications in 2 or more of the following Microsoft / Citrix / VMware / Network technologies + experience
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, strong technical and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail, are all important while in communication with clients.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer facing role
- The good and effective client interface skills. Able to command respect on arrival
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from on-line managed staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Needs the skills inherent to the job/qualifications
- Able to undertake technical analysis, assimilate to ConvergeTS alternative solutions and communicate solutions
- A logical and analytical mind, as the primary job function is troubleshooting, in a fast-paced environment
- Able to be proactive identifying developing marketplace solutions for the benefit of the company
- Achieving performance against SLAs
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
Aspiration / Motivation
- Achievement of objectives and tasks
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for clients and own company
- Expectation of a long-term in the role with increasing seniority and technical challenge
- Motivation from developing the technical infrastructure of the Company and maintaining and enhancing own IT Knowledge
- Ability to commit to the role and work until the job is complete. This can involve evenings, early mornings and weekend work and able to travel to Companies locations and potentially others sometimes at short notice and potential overnight stays
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties, and other staff members
- Able to travel to firm’s locations and potentially others sometimes at short notice or as projects requirements