The Senior Technical Lead provides technical leadership, supporting 3rd Line team within CTS Service delivery. The role is to provide the business and Service Delivery with technical leadership to help drive and deliver positive change and incident management, with a key focus on metric reporting and improvement.
Acting as a trusted advisor to the Head of Technical Services and Senior Management Team, with principal responsibilities will include: –
- Handling Service escalations
- Identifying knowledge gaps
- Support through mentoring and training
- Researching and implementing new technologies
- Supporting strategic and operational requirements
- Transition projects from Professional Services to Service Delivery
- Drive and support Change Management Processes
- Support ISO27001 requirements where applicable
The Senior Tech Lead will need to understand the strategic and operations requirements for the delivery of the business services in supporting the Head of Technical Services, which will require working under pressure and delivering to tight/strict deadlines.
This role will still hold an active BAU element, but will also require the management and maintenance of 3rd Line tickets as a whole, working closely with the 3rd Line team to ensure continued success and progression. This role will require you to work closely with all tiers of Service delivery (including close involvement with Team Leaders). You will be handling end users as well as IT Professionals troubleshooting technical client infrastructures. As Senior Technical Lead you will need to assess customers’ existing systems and processes and user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes. The focus of the role is using your technical confidence, experience you have today, the ability to make technical decisions and take responsibility for them. A part of the Senior Tech Lead role is to react technically and adjust quickly to apply changing conditions and provide robust long-term resolutions to challenging technical issues. You will be responsible for driving the technical success of the 3rd Line support and the rest of the service delivery team working with Team Leaders and Professional Services.
The role is based in Daresbury; However, there will be times when you are required on client site (in the UK) – sometimes at short notice – to solve any technical issues or part of any technical escalations. The business is growing and, with this, comes the great opportunity for advancement, training and or progression to professional services over time.
Nature & Scope
The primary function of the Senior Technical Lead is to be the next level of escalation from the Service Delivery Team; to be a high level of technical resource to support Head of Technical Services with a responsibility of ensuring technical solutions are delivered on time from the Professional Services team, and escalated client issues are resolved within SLAs by providing a sustainable resolution.
- Technical guidance and providing technical exposure to drive individual service incidents
- Consistently achieve pre-set technical delivery quality targets
- To keep up to date with current and future technologies and products are released to drive any training requirements
- To keep up to date with current and new tools and techniques for effective implementation and service delivery
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined above, will be required to perform other duties assigned by the Head of Technical Services
- Troubleshooting client problems and diagnosing where the issue lies.
- Working as Senior Technical Lead managing own service delivery incidents, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues
- The role will also be responsible for maintaining and support with implementing IT best practices service model across the teams and technical development.
- Reporting to Head of Technical Services and oversee the Technical best practices of the Service Desk and working closely with other Technical experts within the business as well as the Technical Director
- Escalation point for technical incidents to provide support and guidance
- Facilitate in regular department/team technical meeting and reviews with Head of Technical Services
- Drive the motivation of the Service Delivery Team to achieve to the very best of their ability and exceed expectations
- Acting as Technical advisor role with the support of the Head of Technical Services, and service delivery team leads to implement, develop and constantly review Technical Service Delivery. Also driving joint knowledge activities within the Service Delivery Team through workshops, documentation and training sessions.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001
- 5+years are supporting multi-site network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, and DR Systems.
- Ideally supported a hosted environment with experience of data centers
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment
- Microsoft Terminal Services/ Remote Desktop Services
- Citrix XenApp / Netscaler / Xen Desktop
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 and 2016
- Exposure to Spam filtering technologies
- Powershell would be advantageous but not essential
- Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
- Windows Server 2008+R2, 2012+R2 2016
- Hypervisor technology VMware ESXi 5/6 or Hyper-V
- ITIL Accredited or working within ITIL Frameworks
- Hardware & Storage Implementation
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012
- Microsoft RDS
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
- Citrix CCA-V virtualization
- Qualifications in 2 or more of the following Microsoft / Citrix / VMware / Network technologies + experience
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, strong technical and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail, are all important while in communication with clients.
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer facing role
- The good and effective client interface skills. Able to command respect on arrival
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from on-line managed staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Needs the skills inherent to the job/qualifications
- Able to undertake technical analysis, assimilate to ConvergeTS alternative solutions and communicate solutions.
- Have proven experience of both delivery and support/diagnostic services
- Able to be proactive in identifying developing marketplace solutions for the benefit of the company
- Achieving performance against SLAs.
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Undertake technical reviews to support Head of Technical Services
- Achievement of objectives and tasks
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for clients and own company
- The expectation of a long-term in the role with increasing seniority and technical challenge.
- Motivation from developing the technical infrastructure of the firm and maintaining and enhancing own IT knowledge
- Being a role model for the team demonstrating outstanding personal behaviors and performance.
- Ability to commit to the role and work until the job is complete. This can involve evenings, early mornings and weekend
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties, and other staff members
- Able to travel to firm’s locations and potentially others sometimes at short notice