Red tape and business interference – guiding SMEs through the maze
Nigel Wright – MD of Converge TS, was chosen to sit on the Panel for the IFB Red tape and business interference seminar in Liverpool, alongside David Gauke MP – Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, Emlyn Williams – Weightmans, Vincent King – Weightmans, Simon Moulden – Obsidian Law, Michael Taylor – Downtown in Business and Lee Hughes- OAHLaw.
The Panel discussed how government policy on red tape help SMEs, how SMEs can reduce their regulatory burden and grow under the existing regulatory environment, with the support of the legal profession.
Key topics discussed:
- Employment regulations (eg dismissals, redundancies, other employment contract
- Tax and accounting red tape (eg administering employee benefits and expenses,
- Burdensome regulations for tax returns, international taxation, filing company
- Trading regulations (eg distance selling rights, regulatory issues around international
- Business premises regulation (eg health and safety)
- Procurement (eg unfair operation of a public tender)