Nature & Scope
Reporting to the Helpdesk Team Leader, to be the 1st point of technical resource for clients with a principal responsibility of ensuring solutions to escalated client issues are achieved within SLAs and providing a sustainable resolution.
To work within the helpdesk team within ConvergeTS and with effective capture and interpretation of client issues.
- Ensure delivery of any activity to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure resolutions are achieved within SLAs.
- Ensure a good relationship between the client and ConvergeTS
- Ensure issues are escalated within the helpdesk team, escalating when required to 2nd / 3rd line, in time for SLAs to be met.
- Ensure that effective change control methodologies are operated with clients
- Agree with clients priority ranking of recorded support incidents
- Assist in maintaining client satisfaction within the helpdesk team.
- Ensure the achievement of targeted KPIs
- Ensure the capture of all support incidents logged by clients or monitoring alerts.
- Ensure all backup checks are performed on a daily basis and issues are escalated.
- Ensure that the third party applications are installed and run effectively and efficiently across all customer platforms – On-premise and hosted
- Keep abreast of market / technology developments to ensure the firm is planning to use the most effective methodology to support its business objectives
- Ensure that the Knowledge base is updated with any problem / solutions found.
- Ensure that the Helpdesk Processes are followed.
- Ensure call lists and customer communication is maintained.
- Responsible contact with relevant authorities for Information Security and the responsibility for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for ISO27001 for 1st Line Support Agent service provision
- 1+ years supporting a multi-site network environments to include LAN, WAN, VPN, Citrix, Microsoft, SAN, DR Systems.
- Ideally supported a hosted environment with experience of datacentres
- Ideally previous experience of working for an IT service provider in a professional services environment.
- Degree level. Experience can override this.
- Good and effective client interface skills. Able to command respect on arrival
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner are essential
- Sufficient written skills to prepare documentation and contribute to knowledgebase.
- Able to work with people at all levels. Useful to have presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with the rest of the company resources team and able to gain support and co-operation from non line managed staff
- Ability to analyse complexity and priority ranking of an issue against SLAs.
- Needs the skills inherent to the job/qualifications
- Able to undertake technical analysis, assimilate to ConvergeTS alternative solutions and communicate solutions.
- Able to be proactive in identifying developing market place solutions for the benefit of the company
- Achieving performance against SLAs.
- Effectively manage time across multiple objectives
- Ability to adapt quickly and to demonstrate a flexible approach
- Achievement of objectives and tasks
- Pleasure in delivery of expectations for clients and own company
- Expectation within 12 months in the role with increasing seniority and technical challenge.
- Motivation from developing the technical infrastructure of the firm and maintaining and enhancing own IT knowledge
- Ability to commit to the role and work until the job is complete. This can involve evenings, early mornings and weekend work.
- Ability to handle stress and pressure from interface with end users, third parties and other staff members
- Able to travel to firm’s locations and potentially others sometimes at short notice and potential overnight stays
To apply, please send your CV detailing employment and any supporting information quoting the vacancy details in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.